As the Engineering Manager at Trengo, you are the servant leader of 2 multidisciplinary engineering teams which are part of the product team. Your job is to ensure that the engineers are very motivated and can deliver qualitative solutions in an effective way. You’re 80% coaching the engineers and 20% hands-on helping them upon your own initiative.
At Trengo, we believe in a world where technology empowers the relationship between companies and their customers. That’s why our mission is to build the smartest customer engagement platform to replace repetitive work with meaningful conversations. How do we do that? Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to communicate with customers via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With a Series A investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital and becoming one of the four official WhatsApp Business Solutions Providers in the Netherlands, we empower our customers to scale their businesses and optimize the channels their clients truly prefer.
If you want to dive deeper, feel free to take a look at our documentation for different Trengo integrations, like the website widget, REST APIs, sidebar apps, custom channels and flowbots: https://developers.trengo.com/. You are also welcome to create a free trial account and have a peek at Trengo.
How your day looks like:
Let’s break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
• You’re in charge of hiring, retaining and growing 2 engineering teams. Together with the other Engineering Leaders like Joshua and Alex.
• You execute bi-annual feedback cycles and performance reviews and maintain our engineers’ growth plans.
• You drive a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and sharing knowledge in the engineering teams.
• You coach, motivate and inspire product engineering teams to deliver high quality and efficient solutions by being the best in their profession and maintaining a great team dynamic.
• You work with performance metrics such as DORA and SPACE.
• You act as incident coordinator in case of production issues.
Collaboration: You work together with…
• Product Management & Design counterparts to ensure an optimal collaboration inside the product organization.
• People team to ensure the optimal growth and well-being of your engineers.
• Recruitment team to add the right talent to your team.
• Finance team to ensure that there are no financial surprises.
• Customer Success team to ensure proper incident support.
What we expect:
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
• You have managed a group of 10+ engineers before and know how to divide your time.
• You understand that DevOps can’t be implemented by hiring an Engineer.
• You understand that metrics on the individual level are not an indicator of team performance.
• You know that the ability to adapt is key for a scale-up.
• You live diversity, equality and inclusion rather than checking the boxes.
• You love the learning opportunities as a result from failing deployments, downtime and other production incidents.
What we offer:
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
• Finding yourself in a fast-growing company where your career can evolve. With the help of your number one supporter, your manager, you will follow our departmental growth tracks to pursue the career you want. This is one of the reasons for our positive Glassdoor reviews (4.3/5).
• We really value flexibility and trust our people. That’s why we work hybrid, and our people can work from abroad for 60 days per year.
• Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
• An education budget of €1000 to feed your curiosity, extra budget for team trainings, and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
• 28 vacation days to rest, have fun, and travel as you wish. But, every once in a while, we also like to do it together. The last time, we went on an amazing trip to Valencia!
• Fancy learning Dutch? We also offer Dutch courses for our international employees!
• When you work from our beautiful office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together prepared by our in-house chef and workplace experience team. Also, your traveling expenses to Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Your recruitment experience at Trengo
We aim for our recruitment experience to be fast, enjoyable, and fruitful – for both sides. Via this link, you can see what you can expect from your recruitment journey with us.
Otherwise don’t worry, we understand if you don’t know what to do right now. You like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. We got you! I am Evangelos, your friendly recruiter and part of Trengo’s Talent Team. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good choice, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, feel free to ask a question in the flowbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.